Netsmartz Trademark www.netsmartz.org
We suggest the rules that the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children uses. These rules include:
* I will keep my personal identity private. I will not give out personal information such as my full name, address, telephone number, parent's address, telephone number, or email or the name and location of my school without my parent's permission.
* I will tell my parents right away if I come across any information that makes me feel uncomfortable.
* I will never agree to meet someone offline without first checking with my parents. I will never meet someone offline by myself.
* I will never send a person my picture or anything else without first checking it out with my parents.
* I will not respond to any messages that are hostile, belligerent, inappropriate, or in any way make me feel uncomfortable. It is not my fault if I get a message like that. If I do, I will tell my parents right away so that we can contact the online service.
* I will talk with my parents so that we can set up rules for going online. We will decide upon a time of day that I can be online, the length of time I can be online and the appropriate areas for me to visit. I will not access other areas or break these rules without first checking with my parents.
U.Y.N. - Use Your Netsmartz!